Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

T1 to Nortel Meridian

I am working on a Cisco 1760 with a T1 between my router and a Nortel Meridian. We know have inbound calls working but not outbound. When a user on site picks up a phone they hear a busy signal. Below is a diagram of the setup and my basic config. Any clues to why I we are not able to make outbound calls?

PSTN---3600 @10.254.249.3---1760 w/T1------Notel Meridian w/T1----------user phones

On my 1760:

tdm clock T1 0/0 voice export line

!

voice-card 0

!

controller T1 0/0

framing sf

linecode ami

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-8 type e&m-wink-start

!

voice-port 0/0:1

!

dial-peer voice 200 voip

description For outbound calls

huntstop

destination-pattern .T

session target ipv4:10.254.249.2

dtmf-relay cisco-rtp

fax rate 7200

ip qos dscp cs5 media

no vad

!

dial-peer voice 101 pots

huntstop

destination-pattern 4033984029

translate-outgoing called 1

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 0/0:1

!

4 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: T1 to Nortel Meridian

I suspect that you have not configured your dial pers properly.

Remove direct-inward-dial from dial-peer 101. The CAS/E&M interface is signalling the extension a digit at a time, not enbloc. So when the gateway gets the first digit, it matches it against DP 101 and passes that 1 digit to the 200 dial-peer. My guess is you don't have any 1 digit extensions :-) so the call fails.

Removing DID will cause the GW to present the PBX with dial-tone, and the PBX will signal each digit. When it stops sending, and the timeout passes, the digit string will be handed to DP 200 and it should work properly (assuming you have no voip issues)

Let me know if this helps.

What I found was that I needed to setup the following:

controller T1 0/0

ds0-group 0 timeslots 7-12 type e&m-wink-start

ds0-group 1 timeslots 1-6 type e&m-wink-start

!

dial-peer voice 101 pots

huntstop

destination-pattern xxx3984029

translate-outgoing called 1

incoming called-number .

port 0/0:1

!

I had to point my in-bound (POTS) dial peers to the DS0-group 1 and my outbound come in from the switch to the DS0-group 0. If I only had one DS0-group then I could do inbound calls if the dial-peers pointed to the group, but the only way to get outbound to work was by taking off the port 0/0:0 command from the dial-peer. It was as if the dial-peers were taking all the trunks even when not in use??

My above config is working, but is it correct? I normally setup the trunk between the router and switch as a PRI but this switch cannot do a PRI so this is my first kick at the cat.

The other issue I am seeing is that there is a 12 second delay from when the user dials the last digit and the call actually proceeds. Not sure if this is because my above setup is not correct, but have any ideas?

If you are experiencing long delays after a call is placed you are most likely hitting the interdigit timout delay.

There are two ways to fix this:

1) decrease the delay on the voice port - timeouts interdigit, default is 10 you should not set up lower than 5.

2) add more specific dialpeers.

destination-pattern 1[2-9]......... and [2-9]...... work better than .T or other destination patterns.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content