Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

T38 Fax Relay over MGCP

Hi Everyone

I am having some problems with Fax Relay. Our orignal configuration used fax pass through, but this resulted in unreliable fax transmissions and we have decided to go over to T38 Fax Relay. I am however having trouble finding a guide to configuring T38 fax on an MGCP gateway and the VG224. Does anyone have any examples I could look at. Thanks

Peter

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Blue

Re: T38 Fax Relay over MGCP

Here is a good doc with examples:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00800b5dce.html

I have always used Cisco fax relay, and had very good success (just be sure to disable Super G3). T38 may be the way to go, as the docs state Cisco fax relay is not supported for MGCP, though I have it working with no problems.

Re: T38 Fax Relay over MGCP

Well, I had the confirmation after a Service request that Cisco NSE T38 is supported on MGCP controlled VG224 but not the standard T38...

If the VG224 is controled by a Call Manager, then, T38 is not at all supported as CCM does not support it.

Basically, T38 is heterogeneously supported in Cisco products...Difficult to say what will work, what will not...

good luck.

Views
Helpful
Replies