Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Tandberg VCS and 7985 no video over WAN with Call Manager

Hello

We have set up a TANDBERG VCS with a SIP trunk cia our call manager.   This works within the same LAN and the call has audio and video and the codec is G.722.

The problem is when I call from my 7985 video phone to a tandberg unit in another building across the WAN I get a G.711 call and no video.  The tandberg says no video service requested.

thank you

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Tandberg VCS and 7985 no video over WAN with Call Manager

Hello

Can you clarify a bit more the scenario?

Tandberg endpoints in that building, are they controlled via the same VCS or is it another VCS?

Or is it controlled in another way? (as H.323 endpoint in the CUCM, ...)

If you call from that same 7985 to Tandberg endpoints in the same LAN, can you confirm that it works?

From a Tandberg Endpoint in the local building to a Tandberg Endpoint in the other building, does it work?

Region and Location configuration might prevent the video calls from happening.

Check the device pool of that 7985, and also check the device pool where the SIP trunk towards the VCS is configured.

If they are different:

Check the region and location inside those device pools.

Check whats the relationship between the regions and check if the location has a limitation for video BW.

Thanks

Fernando

Views
Helpful
Replies