Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Tapi code doesn't work without cisco softphone running in the background

I have a tapi code, if I run the cisco softphone in the background, the application is running fine. i could hear the voice from speaker and talk with mic, however, if I don't run the cisco softphone in the background, I can still dial the number and get connected, but I can't hear the voice after connection and mic didn't work either. I am using Call Manager 3.3 and CTI softphone. Does anybody know the problem?

Thanks

kevin

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Tapi code doesn't work without cisco softphone running in th

Hi Kevin,

Which line is your TAPI code opening? If it's opening the CTI port, then it's up to the PC running the application to terminate the media somehow and actually interface it with the operating system, using for example DirectX calls. If you're just testing and don't want to hassle with all that, you can try opening a line on a hardware IP phone that is nearby instead of the CTI port, and your TAPI application can then control the IP phone.

Re: Tapi code doesn't work without cisco softphone running in th

HI,

I opened a CTI port in my TAPI code. Let's say if I have the DirectX to control the media, how can I put those voice into the line?

I remember there is WAVE api in the CISCO TAPI, can't we use these API to control the media?

Thanks

kevin

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content