Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

TAPS and CRS

Could someone point me to good document on how to get TAPS to work with CRS 4.0 properly? We have implemented all the steps (we think) and the JTAPI subsystem stays in partial service and when we dial the TAPS number, it is silent for about 5 seconds then gives a regular busy signal.

Thanks in advance!

15 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: TAPS and CRS

Make sure that the promopts are played in the coorect codec, if you use G729 but installed CRS as G711 you will see similar issues and vise versa. Also take a look at TAPS trace logs they are pretty descriptive.

Chris

Blue

with JTAPI in partial service, TAPS will not work.

JTAPI must be IN SERVICE to have TAPS work properly.

JTAPI is usually in partial service due to the "device associations" of the JTAPI user not being set correctly to the associated devices. verify the device association are correct.

TAPS RP and CTI Ports should be associated with the TAPS/JTAPI user.

the CTI Ports must be in consecutive order.

verify the IVR has the TAPS.aef uploaded properly to the repository. refresh or reupload to be sure.

You'll also need at least the 'enhanced' license for TAPS to work properly with CRS4.0

Yes, it is the Enhanced version.

The default TAPS.aef in the WFAVVID folder will not work with 4.0 CRS. You need to upload the TAPS.AAR file in the APPAdmin webpage under Applications -> AAR Management. Not sure the exact directory where the taps.aar is located so just do a drive search for it. The Taps.aar includes the 4.0 version of the TAPS.aef and all prompt files as well.

This is actually documented in the CM 4.2 release notes (even though it pertains to 4.1(3) as well).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/prod_release_note09186a00805f1470.html#wp2449804

Please rate the posts

Fred

I did use the TAPS AA.aar file to create the TAPS application. Then for the script file I had to choose TAPS.aef, right? Well, I can get the TAPS "attendant" to answer once, but after you enter the extension number she states that TAPS encountered and error. After, that TAPS never answers again unless I blow TAPS away and start over.

Sorry just noticed this post. Make sure the TAPS.aef is deleted before loading the AAR file. Again also make sure the TAPS service is running on the CM server.

Thanks

Fred

It is the enhanced license.

JTAPI is in full service.

THe TAPS route point and all IPCC CTI ports are associated to the JTAPI user.

The TAPS app is useing the TAPS.aef file and the JTAPI trigger.

Still, TAPS does not pick up when the RP is dialed.

Should I restart any services?

I'm having the same issue. Did you get this working?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

I have run into this issue first hand and resolved. Please see my previous post in the thread and see if that works for you. If you are using the default taps.aef the route point will answer but will not work.

Please rate the posts

Thanks

Fred

Fred,

I don't have the TAPS.aaf file on my CCM.

Also, a co-worker of mine has TAPS set-up on a different CCM and it is working just fine. He is using TAPS.aef.

My post suggested searching for the TAPS.aar. This should be included with the CRS 4.x install. The TAPS.aar will be on the server that CRS is installed on. You need to load this file via AAR management and it'll upload the correct TAPs prompts and the correct TAPS.aef file for 4.x CRS.

Now if you think you have completed the AAR extraction correctly, along with setting up your JTAPI ports and are still having an issue check the windows service and make sure the TAPS service is started. It doesnt start by default when you install the CallManager plugin.

Also see my above post, didn't see you reply to the above thread. Make sure you delete the TAPS.aef before loading the AAR file.

Thanks

Fred

I started from scratch once, but don't think I deleted the AEF file first. I'll try that when I get back on site Wednesday.

Thanks for all the input.

Not yet. I am returning to the customer's site this Wednesday.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content