cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TAPS encountered an unexpected error...

pijssel
Level 1
Level 1

I’m running CCM 4.1(3) SR1, installed the Cisco Extended Services (CRS 3.5(2)) and BAT 5.1(4) all on one server. Everything is running correctly but if I dial the TAPS DN (6900 – TAPS CTI route point) I get a message playing: "I'm sorry TAPS encountered an unexpected error when processing your call. Please contact the system administrator for help".

I did find an article wich said the following:

A known error is that TAPS is playing a message: "I'm sorry TAPS encountered an unexpected error when processing your call. Please contact the system administrator for help". This problem can be solved by:

Browse to directory:

ciscowebs\BAT\taps\tapsservice

Open file "wrapper.properties" and

Make sure that the line #wrapper.javabin=$(wrapper.taps_home)\bin\java.exe

is replaced by : wrapper.javabin=C:\Progra~1\Cisco\JRE\j2re1.4.0_01\bin\java.exe

Where this is pointing to the correct directory and correct Java.exe file.

But this didn't work either.

3 Replies 3

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

In CCMService is TAPS started? Restart it.

mike-reilly
Level 1
Level 1

Go to c:CiscoWebs\TAPS\logfiles on server where TAPS is installed. Should be Publisher. If the logfiles dir is not there create it. Try to use TAPS again. If it errors out check this dir there will be a Taps log file.txt in there. That will let you know what the issue was.

I had the same issue on a callmanager 4.0 server. Turns out the issue was the auto-registered directory number was being stored in the route plan report as an orphaned dn. I had to delete the directory number from there. TAPS saw the number as being assigned to multiple lines.

I ran into this simliar issue. It was the auto-registered DN that were being stored that caused my issue.