Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

TAPS Install Issues

I am attempting to install TAPS on a new 4.1(3)SR3a Callmanager server using Extended services with CRA version 3.5(3).

The problem I am having is that the TAPS.aef script is not loaded on the CRA server when I do the TAPS install. This means that I can not add the TAPS application in the CRA server. As an attempted work-around, I went to the hidden script management screen on the CRA and uploaded the TAPS.aef file, which appeared to work fine. However, now after I finish the TAPS Application setup, I receive the error "Server reported error while loading the application". The logs indicate nested exceptions in the TAPS.aef script.

Has anyone ran into similar problems? Any suggestions for where I may be going wrong?

Any assistance is appreciated!

-Robert

7 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: TAPS Install Issues

Thanks for taking the time to post the link.

The problem is that the information assumes that the installer is using IPCC 4.X which supports import of .aar files. As far as I can tell, 4.X is not an available CRA version with Extended Services. Since the TAPS installs its application into CRA with the .aar file and extended services 3.5 does not support .aar files, I'm not sure how this install is supposed to work.

I found the issue. I reset the CRA Engine again and the application updated OK. Looks like it was the boneheaded user(me) doing the install that was the root cause of the issue.

-Robert

ok. i dont get it. i actually have the same scenario you describe above - ccm 4.13sr3 with ext svcs 3.5.3 and cant get the taps.aef to show up... i dont know about the hidden script mgt and all i have been able to to do is grab the taps.aef file from another install and copy it up under the wfavvid folder - to no use...the cra doesnt see it when i go to add it as the script to my app...frustration factor high...

anybody got any advice on how to make taps.aef show up????

Silver

You have probably gotten this straightened out by now, but we just ran into something that looked exactly like this, except we were on 4.2 with BAT 5.21b - the script would not show up, and we also got an ip address error when installing the TAPS plugin, but it said it loaded anyway, looked fairly normal but no script. We were installing the plugin from the main CCM admin page, as we had done in the past. Starting with BAT 5.0.1, you have to install the TAPS plugin from the BAT admin interface, and then everything went fine, script had to be uploaded, but it was where it was supposed to be. BAT 4.4.4 was the last one to prompt for TAPS install during the BAT install process, and you still loaded the plugin from the main admin page at that point if you did not do it during BAT install. Hope this helps someone else who makes the same dumb mistake, you would think we would read every doc step by step by now, since you never know when something changes on you! It would have been nice if they removed the plugin that is no longer valid, or at least gave a warning message.

Mary Beth

I had this same issue today with CCM 4.1.3 sr3a and ES 3.5(2).

While installing TAPS i get the error "Cannot write IPAddress information". However TAPS installed but i could not see TAPS.aef. Reinstalling the application several time did not help.

I finally resolved this issue by uninstalling the TAPS application completly (from add/remove programs), restart the server and then re-install the TAPS. Re-initialized the repository to finally see TAPS.aef in the application page.

Hope this helps.

Senthil

Hmmm, this seems to be quite a popular issue!

I had this one today and thanks to the advice by Senthil this is now working.

Views
Helpful
Replies