Views
Helpful
Replies

tcl IVR Support for Two IP Legs

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

In the programming guide for the IVR API 2.0, there is a stament like so under the details of the 'connection create' command:

--------------------------------------

• Connections between two IP legs are not supported. Even if the command seems to execute

successfully, it actually does not work. Doing so could potentially cause problems, as there is

currently no way to capture the resulting error at the script level. Therefore, it is advisable to avoid

attempting such connections.

--------------------------------------

Does anyone know if this is still current?

I've succesfully had the B-ACD scripts from Cisco working with both incoming and outgoing call legs being IP.

I've written my own script to test this using two IP legs, which appears to work fine.

I'm wondering if this applied to older IOS versions only or something...

Anyone?

Thanks

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What a coincidence, right at this time I'm trying to contact Cisco to see if someone can correct this and many other inaccuracies and omission in the programming reference.

I this case, the expected behavior is that ip-ip gw images (ending _isv) have the ability to do that, other images could not.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What a coincidence, right at this time I'm trying to contact Cisco to see if someone can correct this and many other inaccuracies and omission in the programming reference.

I this case, the expected behavior is that ip-ip gw images (ending _isv) have the ability to do that, other images could not.

Hi Paolo

Thanks - I was actually hoping you'd see that post! I think you're the only person I've come accross on the web who's done some useful Cisco Voice TCL. I've learnt a lot this week from your scripts..

I'd be interested to hear if you got confirmation from Cisco...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!