Views
Helpful
Replies

TCL script caused 5300 to reboot...

g.chelidze
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have coded a simple tcl function which should call itself 6-7 times at max. I mean it is recursive function and in some cases it will reach this depth of recursion. I have checked and it works great in tclsh under linux and then I decided to test it on 5300. it worked fine with recursion depth=3 but then when it had to call itself again it suddenly logged: too many nested calls to TCL_EVAL() and router rebooted. I have searched for this error and found that this is tcl problem and in some cases recursive procedures can cause segmentation fault but not after 4 calls but much more. approximately 127. I have tested and on my linux box I got seg fault after 997 recursive calls. the same result I got with c program but after ~697000 calls. After all I dont know how to correct my problem with 5300. Is it possible to increase this value(3) up to 6-7. As I understand there is problems with stack, and maybe there are some commands that can help me. Any help will be greatly appreciated. waiting for your answers. Thank you in advance.

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

It sounds like an IOS change to me. You’ll want to talk to TAC.