cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TCL, SRST and H.323

JeremyL
Level 1
Level 1

I have a simple AA - TCL script that I would like to use only under SRST mode on several inbound analog ports for a H.323 gateway. For normal operations all calls would goto CCM which I have voip dialpeers for.

Are their any examples, for configuring a TCL script under SRST (for use with analog ports) on a H.323 gateway? Thanks.

11 Replies 11

yshraybman
Level 4
Level 4

you might want to check survivability.tcl. it is designed for IPCC fallback with IP Phones in SRTS but I think you can get a lot of useful logic out of it. survivability.tcl is found on CVP VB server.

The TCL script I have - was looking for more of the IOS configuration under SRST on a H323 gateway. Thanks.

you would put tcl script under incoming pots dial-peer

dial-peer voice 1 pots

application SCRIPT

incoming called-number 1234567

direct-inward-dial

define .tcl script and any parameters

call application voice SCRIPT flash:SCRIPT.tcl

call application voice SCRIPT parameter1 1

call application voice SCRIPT parameter2 2

this syntax is for 12.3.7 and earlier, i think starting with 12.3.14 it is a bit different.

syntax would be:

application

service SCRIPT flash:SCRIPT.tcl

param a 1

param b 2

(and so on...)

dial-peer voice 1 pots

service SCRIPT

incoming called-number 1234567

direct-inward-dial

link for 12.3.14 IOS tcl guide http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_administration_guide_book09186a008022a7e6.html

I have the syntax under the POTS dialpeer similar to what you have shown, but I only want the TCL script to activate when in SRST mode and not all the time like it is now. I can get it to work correctly if the gateway is configured for MGCP, but the H323 SRST config for a TCL script activation must be slightly different. That's what I am trying to figure out.

I don't think this is possible. Reason being that only one application can be associated to the incoming dial-peer at a given time. When you are running H323, the default application will be used for the incoming dial-peer. Since H323 is standalone, it doesn't matter weather it is in SRST mode or not, the default application will be in control. And unlike MGCP where it gives up control and fallback to the default application when it loses connection to Callmanager, H323 is run local to the router and hence the concept of fallback does not apply with H323.

Hope someone has a workaround to make this happen for you.

Regards,

Anup

Yes, tcl script will always be invoked. In case GW is not in SRST the script will hand off the control to MGCP or H323. So it will look like the script was never there. In case of SRST the script should have enough logic to detect it and act appropriately. Hope this helps.

Yes, tcl script will always be invoked. In case GW is not in SRST the script will hand off the control to MGCP or H323. So it will look like the script was never there. In case of SRST the script should have enough logic to detect it and act appropriately. Hope this helps.

It's been a while since I did this last but IIRC, you can set a lower priority to the h323 inbound peer.

Default is 0 (highest priority) and likely should be on your mgcp peer. Apply priority 1 or higher to the h323 inbound peer.

Let me know how it worked.

Michael

This is a pure H323 config, no MGCP configured on the router. So, bascially the concept of fallback does not really exist - the router is always in H323 mode. The only thing created when going into SRST mode are the dialpeers/ephones.

Do not apply the script to an inbound POTS dial peer. Apply the script to a VOIP dial peer. Look at the following example:

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

service aa

destination-pattern 5050

session target ipv4:192.168.220.2

incoming called-number 5050

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

no vad

replace the aa with your script name

replace the session target with your routers IP address (such as a loopback or whatever voice ip address on the router VOIP packets are bound too)

replace your destination pattern and incoming called number with the pattern you want to match and thus go to the script

If you normally match to a VOIP dial peer for connection to CCM then set this dial peer with a higher preference so that it matches last, in case the CCM does not respond.

The only thing I am unsure of is if there is no response from the CCM will the call hunt to a higher preference dial peer. You might have to set something up under Call-manager-fallback to manipulate the incoming called number to a different set of digits that then match on this scripts dial-peer. For example if 4000 typically matches the CCM dial-peer, under Call-manager-fallback setup an alias of 4000 to 5000 and have the scripts VOIP dial-peer be 5000.

Good luck but you should be able to make this work with a bit of experimentation.

Please rate all posts!

The VoIP dialpeer definitely works, but the script will not answer the call, just a busy. Not sure if the srstaa TCL script is only meant to work correctly under MGCP/SRST - not sure if their are other sample scripts out there that might work better.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: