Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Super Bronze

TDM Switching - ISR Routers

Hi

Anyone out there configured TDM switching as in this document?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a00804794c6.shtml

Looking for any experience/tips/things that went wrong/whether it worked at all... always wary of new features :-)

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
2 REPLIES

Re: TDM Switching - ISR Routers

Sorry I have not configured this but I would also be interested in any pit falls. Its a shame its just across the backplane on not across the IP network. I have found another product (non Cisco) which will work across the IP network.

Thanks

Luke

Super Bronze

Re: TDM Switching - ISR Routers

Hi Luke.. and anyone else who's interested...

Finally got the modules/cables delivered to site this week and set it up yesterday...

It worked fine, doing a show voice dsp active | b FLEX showed that the DSPs did indeed drop out once the call was made.

The only problems I had were with presenting Network side BRI to the VC unit - the documentation for the EVM didn't mention it but you need to have a BRI Crossover cable to get layer 1 up. Other older cards documentation did mention this which was what clued me in...

Once I'd done this the interfaces still didn't come up until I'd shut/no shut'd the interfaces...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content