Views
Helpful
Replies

Team Config in CCM

rvillagran
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

in the Cisco docs for the config of NIC Teaming in the CM they said that its not a best practice to put the Team in "load Balancing" instead they recommends to put it in "Fault tolerance only", anyone knows why is that?? i wants to do the Load Balancing but it doesnt seems to work (yes, i also do the switch config).

Any idea why is not a recommended practice and if someone did it work please tell us who you did it (conf in the CM and the SW)

Thax in advance

Rodrigo

3 Replies 3

anup.anand
Level 5
Level 5

With one of our customer, we ran into a duplicate IP Address issue while using the "Load Balancing" setup. The duplicate IP address did not create any issues in the network operation, but it was reported by HP Agilent Advisor while doing an assessment.

Regards,

Anup

francis.labelle
Level 1
Level 1

Your question open another good question..What is the best switch port config to support 2 teamed NIC ? What about the security and performance....

Correct me if I am wrong.... the reason that cisco not recommand load balancing... it is because the real time voice of IP traffic.

Sometimes, the voip traffic go in first NIC, go out second NIC, it will cause voice problem....

Ken