Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

TelecasterHelpText.asp not working in 3.1(2c)

I'm running CallManager 3.1(2c) and the help screens are not working for 7940 & 60 phones. Does anyone have this working?

When I press the information button I get the prompt "Select a Key for more Info...". When I press a key no help text is returned.

I know this worked with CM 3.0(11). Seems to me there was a file in the \CCMUser web that included the text for the help screens. I can't find such a file in the 3.1 webs. Does anyone know where the help text is located?

Thanks for any feedback.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: TelecasterHelpText.asp not working in 3.1(2c)

It's working fine for me. Find out what the Information URL is in the Enterprise Parameters. That will tell you where the information web scripts are located.

The Information URL in Enterprise Parameters is http://MyCM/CCMCIP/GetTelecasterHelpText.asp.

Network setting #26 on my 7960 phone shows the same URL.

If I paste this URL into a browser window on the CallManager this text is returned:

Error: no locale specified

In the GetTelecasterHelpText.asp file I see the following code to return help text:

try

{

help_text =

System.GetTelecasterHelpText(locale, id);

}

What are locale and id? Should I configure these values somewhere?

What file does the text for the help screens come from?

Cisco Employee

Try changing "MyCM" to the IP address of the publisher. Then reset a phone and see if it works.

Well, it's not fixed but I am getting something different.

If I press the i key then the any button I get this on my display:

i INFORMATION

F22-950D-B502B1120A18}

Views
Helpful
Replies