Views
Helpful
Replies

Telehphone call to Microsoft Netmeeting

pkateihwaho
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to make a call from a telephone to say, MS Netmeeting? I am able to call from Netmeeting to a extension off an Ericsson PABX via an IOS Voice gateway running on a 2600 but now I need to originate the call from the telephone (POTS) to Netmeeting.

I would appreciate anyone's input on this.

Thanks,

Patricia Kateihwaho

3 Replies 3

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, you just need to make a voip dial-peer on the router that points to the IP address of the NetMeeting PC.

Will it work if I create a VOIP dial peer that points to the IP address of a IP/VC endpoint, like a PictureTel 970 iPower series room system. I know people could call direct through the IP/VC gateway but its just an idea...

patrickv
Level 1
Level 1

As far as I know you don't even have to use a router. Just create a H323 client phone on the callmanager with the ip address of the client running netmeeting. Also setup netmeeting to use an gatway which should be the callmanager's address.

This is good to play arount a bit, but don't think it can really replace a pc or even softphone. It doesn't support low bandwidth codecs, and there is a lot of delay, but it works

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: