Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Telephone Number field when adding a new User - CCM 4.2.1

Is their a way to automatically populate the telephone number field for a user? BAT does not allow this field to be added to the spreadsheet (phones-users). Thanks.

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Telephone Number field when adding a new User - CCM 4.2.1

Hi Jeremy,

What version of BAT are you using? I have attached a link for BAT 5.1.4 that shows this as possible and I use this on our old version 4.0.9. Have a look:

Line Fields (Optional)

Directory Number

Enter the directory number, up to 24 digits and special characters, for the phone.

From this doc;

Bulk Administration Tool User Guide, Release 5.1(4)

Adding New Phones with Users

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/admin/bulk_adm/5_1_4/bat_phon.htm#wp1220393

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

BAT Version: 5.2.1

The DN is for the actual line number of the IP phone, not the telephone number field which is stored with the User infromation. These can be independent; for example, I might make a user's actual DN 40001, but want the telephone number in the CallManager Corp Directory to be 5179840001. So, I can place the E.164 number in the Telephone Number field under the User page in CCM. Then, when a user looks up the number using the Directories button on the IP phone, the full E.164 number shows up for that particular user search instead of the 5-digit number which is helpful for offnet dialing and overlapping dial plans among remote sites.

So, I am looking for a way to automactically populate the Telephone Number field for each user (not the line number of an actual IP phone).

Thanks.

Hi,

I had the same issue.

I used separate csv files to solve the problem.

Instead of using the Phones-Users TAB I use the Users Tab and then the Phones tab.

This is hust a workaround and it double the work...

Olivier

I don't see the Telephone Number field under the Users tab in BAT. Did you have to add it? Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content