Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Telephony Call Dispatcher login problem

I'm having problems trying to set up Attendant Console, and I have scoured these forums looking for a solution. After digging through all my trace logs, I've found out that my TCD service is not able to log in. I created the ac account with the default password (12345), and was able to log into that account via the CCMUser page. I even followed the directions to change the password, but that made no difference. The error I'm receiving in my TCD log is:

Unable to create provider -- bad login or password.

In my CTI trace I get this:

kCtiProviderOpenFailure - CTI application failed to open provider CTIconnectionId:2 Login User Id:ac UNKNOWN_PARAMNAME:ReasonCode:2362179680

And in the SDI log, I get this wonderful message:

errorMsgString=Directory login failed - directory permanently unavailable.

Which is sandwiched inbetween the log message about the attempted login with the ac account, and the subsequent error.

So CTI is unable to access my DC Directory? Is this possible? Any ideas?

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Telephony Call Dispatcher login problem

I was able to fix the problem by upgrading to 3.3(3).

Silver

Also it could be possible that the passwords are not matching. The attendant console stores the password in the file ACServer.properties located in the ..\Program Files\Cisco\CallManager Attendant Console\etc directory. The password is encrypted. Make sure that this password is the same as the one for the "ac" user in DC Directory. You may want to use the "passwordutils" tool to check the password. Since you have already changed the password for the "ac" user in DC Directory, use the passwordutils tool to get the encrypted password and copy and paste it in the ACServer.properties file.

HTH

I had this exact error after upgrading from 3.14 to 3.3.3. I never had a user "ac" so I had to create one, but then I had no idea what the password would be. I used the passwordutil to set the pwd in the properties file under JTAPI password.

thanks for the tip

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content