cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Temp Fail message on phone screen

DMobley1022
Level 1
Level 1

Latley I've been talking to a user at a remote office and on my phone screen i see a message that says "Temp Fail". Then shortly after that we get disconnected, or it will look as though the call is still active, however neither party can hear one another.

4 Replies 4

Justin Brenton
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Dmobley1022,

This could be caused by the codec your using or by a lack of DSP resources on the Router.

You can use the "show voice dsp" command on the router to view your resources.

You can also search cisco.com for troubleshooting dsp to find a troubleshooting guide for your hardware.

HTH, Please rate.

Justin Brenton

the message is caused when the phone cannot reach the CUCM server, what are you using for the call? H323 or MGCP? probably you don't have call preservation configured

CCM version?

what's between the phone and the CUCM server

HTH

javalenc

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Hi there,

One of my customer site encounter the same problem on few IP phones.

The gateway is setup using MGCP.

My CCM version is 5.1(3).

I have checked he call preservation you mentioned earlier but does it support on MGCP protocol?

Thanks...

it does support call preservation, until recently H323 could not do this but now it also can it it, they need to be configured to do this

HTH

javalenc

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: