cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Temporarily unable to complete the call.

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a question about a Unity subscriber with a current reoccuring problem. She is with DOW and is using Unity version 3.0 (1.7), and call manager v. 3.07a. She cannot at certain times access her voice mail. After she puts in her password she is told that the system is temporarily unable to complete the call. This has happened at least three times this month. Twice the issue went away overnight and once she was deleted from and then added back to Unity (she was able to get to her V/M after that). I'm really not sure where to start with this one. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. <br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

the first place to start whenever you run into the fail-safe conversation (the "I'm sorry, I can't talk to you now..." prompt which is what I'm assuming you're hearing there) is the check the application event log for any entries around that time. At least one error and/or warning should be logged when this happens. This will give us a place to start anyway.

is this happening with anyone else or just this account? Anything happening with that account (i.e. is it being moved between Exchange servers, on a server that was out of communication for a bit, etc...)?

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Thanks for responding so quickly! This seems to be an isolated case. Just one person on this one account is getting this fail-safe conversation. We were able to duplicate this issue on another IP phone. I looked in the application log on the Unity server and these are the errors that refer to the user being affected in some way(the name and the ID's have been edited):

Category : Error
Event ID 10002
|AvDohMailUser::get_PrimaryMailbox returned [0x8004000c] on line 199 of file h:\commsvr\Sources\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp

Running conversation SubMenu on Port 1
Subscriber Display Name: Last, First
Subscriber Alias : ABCxxxx

Running conversation SubMsgCount on Port 1.

Category: Error
Event ID 10002

GetMailboxStatus returned [0x8004000c] on line 98 of file h:\commsvr\Sources\ConversationEng\AvStateSvr\AvSGetMailboxStatus.cpp

Running conversation SubMenu on Port 1
Subscriber Display Name: Last, First
Subscriber Alias : ABCxxxx

Running conversation SubMsgCount on Port 1

Category (13)
Event ID: 141

Attempt to transfer from extension [64256] to ||03:{53651FEA-A499-47A9-9c26-D 0A23A3DA62A} fail due to the target Call Handler does not exist

Again, any direction would be appreciated.

Not applicable

hmmm...

is 64256 the extension for your user "ABCxxxx"?

That transfer error is an odd one. A hit was found in the extension table but the referenced owner object (a primary call handler for this subscriber presumably) is not in the call handler table. How that could come about I'm not at all sure. There are triggers in the SQL table to clean related objects up when subscribers/handlers are deleted (i.e. so you don't get stranded call handlers in 3.0 any longer, even if folks toast the Exchange users directly without first removing them as a subscriber in Unity).

the first error messages (i.e. the get_primaryMailbox failures) are classic symptoms of a mailbox being moved or being on a server that's gone off line or something similiar. We cache the handle to the mailbox itself in memory and when we go to get the mailbox later it's not available, that message will come up. We SHOULD reattempt to find the mailbox handle when that happens but I know for a while that wasn't the case, even in early 3.0 releases.

Any chance this box has been moved or is on a server that's been up/down? Is the mailbox hidden from the address book in Exchange? That should be OK but it might give us a clue as to why it's different than the others.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: