cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminal Services

cbrownfield
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any reason why a person could not install the CallManager Software via teminal services? Say on a Compaq server that has had CallManager Cd#1 and Cd#4 installed. At this point I have the cisco version of MS 2000 server. I attempted to install a cm publisher via terminal services, but the end of the install fails. Gets to the point where where you configure backup util and things get weird. After rebooting cm nor sql are loaded. At any rate this is a lab enviroment and I would never do this in the field, but I am currious why this will not work

thanks

chad

6 Replies 6

kennethh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have testing CCM by using regular server or PC. In order to install CCM software, we have to install Win2000 server first with terminal services. That what i figure out, but dont know y that we have to install terminal services.

JUST WEIRD.

I am not sure that I understand. Here is my cinero. I installed callmanager disk #1 and disk #4. This gives me win 2k server with terminal services. From another machine i used terminal services to access the callmanager. At this point i put the cd for callmanager in the callmanager server and then from the machine i am using terminal services on I install the callmanager cd. The install seems to go fine untill the backup utility then get an error. The install finishes and tells you to reboot. When I reboot the server and only have win 2k and DC directory. No SQL or CallManager. Hope this is more clear.

Thanks in advance

Chad

Are you using the administrator account when logging in through terminal services? You have to this account otherwise the passwords get screwed up.

I have been using terminal services to do upgrades to Call Managers for sometime without any problems.

Chad,

The install is probably failing because Microsoft does not support the installation of SQL from a remote Terminal Service Client. The issue is documented by Microsoft (Q306909 & Q246694) and tracked by Cisco (CSCdt62210).

Hope this helps.

Michael.

yes

thank you very much

chad

The reason is that MS SQL 7.0 will not install over Terminal Services. This is documented on Microsoft's web page. SQL 7.0 with SP3 and better will work properly via Terminal Services, so it should work if Cisco integrates the proper version of SQL 7.0 into the installation. Upgrades would also work over Terminal Services once the proper SQL patch is installed.