cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Terminal Services

spodonnell
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone confirm whether or not Terminal Services is<br>supported on Unity. I was under the impression that it screwed things up but a TAC engineer has told me that it is now OK to install on Unity.<br><br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

it doesn't screw things up to install WTS on the Unity server but not everything can be done via WTS. Anything that interacts with a WAV driver, for instance, will not fly properly via WTS. This is a bug in the WTS stuff from MS that is supposedly fixed in the XP stuff but we haven't yet confirmed that and we aren't shipping on XP server software anyway so it's kinda moot.

This means doing TSP setups, running Set Volume etc... wont work properly. We're working on updating all our tools setups such that if we know they'll have a problem in WTS it'll put up a dialog telling you that if you're trying to run them via WTS. Set Volume and Set WAV Format, for instance, do this now.

The QA folks are working on updating a list of all utilities/interfaces that work or don't work via WTS for 3.1(4). I'll see if I can lay my hands on it and post it on AnswerMonkey when they have it done.

Just to be clear, pcANYWHERE is still the only fully supported method for remotely administering a Unity box at this time.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Technical Lead/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: