cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TessHeywood

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have 7940 phones that I'd like to configure as follows: Line 1 - configure with a new DID and four digit extension that corresponds, line 2 - configure with an old extension from our previous PBX (3 digit) which is printed on all our business cards OR configure line 2 as a virtual extension with the old three digit number transferring to the line. Either way for line 2, I'd like to label the 7940 screen with something such as "Line 2" and only display the new extension (from Line 1) to the receiver of the call if a company internal call is placed on line 2. <br>I read your post about transferring line 2 to line 1's voice mail and this will work, but how do I remove the number label on the phone display so that the extension displayed to internal users is what they'd expect to see for the caller? I tried creating a new template with labels but read later that labels don't work on the 79XX phones. I also read the post about setting a "global" flag for keeping the original display number even if transferring numerous times but I don't see the option in my settings. Also, I can't find anything that allows me to mask an extension internally. I've tried everything I can think of. Please help! <br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Hi, I have worked with CallManager and find you question interesting. If I read your question correctly, you are trying to modify the display/label of the phone. On the 7940, I assume the phone is configured with 2 lines, if you click on line 2 a new window should pop up, towards the bottom you should see 2 edit windows one for display one for label. The label will be what is printed on the phone, the display is what internal callers will see when dialing Line 2. You probably already have done this but I thought I would answer. Good Luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: