cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Text-to-speech engine

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

How can I confirm if I have the text-to-speech engine with my Unity package? Is it automatically included with Unity?<br><br>

4 Replies 4

Not applicable

The easiest way is to go to the Class of Service page, head to the licensed features page and see if "text to speach email" has any licenses enabled. this should ensure you have licenses on the key (necessary) and the engine is loaded.

Yes, the setup will automatically install TTS based on your security key settings at installation time. You don't need to run a seperate install.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Ok here is where I'm at now, I checked the class of service page and I have no "text to speech email" licenses enabled. So then I spoke with my sales/ce team and they are telling me that I should have this option. What should be my next step? Re-install? Or is there an easier way to go about this?

Not applicable

First check your key using "Key Dump" found in the Unity program group. It has a known problem where it'll report L&H 3000 when RealSpeak is also enabled (some keys accidentally went out with both engines enabled even though only one can be active at a time) but if it shows nothing here, you definitely don't have TTS on your key and you'll need to get an upgrade code to add it.

Once you get the code for the key, you should just be able to run a standing upgrade to the system and it'll stuff the TTS files on there and make it active.

If the TTS engine IS on for the key I'm not sure what happened (unless the key was upgraded at some point after the install?). Currently if TTS is on the key you can't keep setup from putting it on there (the checkbox is disabled in the setup app).

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

Thanks again...I'll run "Key Dump" and go from there. Our key definately hasn't been upgrade since the install.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: