Replies

Text to Speech not working

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 3.1.5

TSP 6.02b

Exchange 2000 (Unified)

The customer was currently running 2.46 VMO. I cut them over to Unity 3.1.5 off box install into their exchange 2000 environment. Everything is working great until I tested their TTS functionality. Yes the licensed feature has been turned on for their COS. The problem they are having is that when they login to their account it will read Voice mails, and urgent receipts, as soon as it gets to reading back emails it will prompt that you have an email, read the subject line and as soon as it get to the body of the email, it prompts "This system is temporarily unavailable to complete your call" and drops the call completely.

What Up????

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Whenever you hear that failsafe conversation (the "the system is temporarily unable to compelte your call..." prompt), there is always one or more errors in the event log to help you figure out what happened. Please look in your application event log and let us know what it's saying... could be a number of things.

bbickerstaff
Level 1
Level 1

OK: Here are the errors:

1. Unable to read local eventlog (reason: The event log file has changed between read operations).

2. [Thread 0x00000730] [Port 2]: IAvResMgr::AddRequestBlocking() returned [80040301]. In file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgPlaySvr\AvSTTSSetup.cpp on line 879.

3. [Thread 0x00000730] [Port 2]: IAvResMgr::AddRequestBlocking() returned [80040301]. In file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgPlaySvr\AvSTTSSetup.cpp on line 87

4. GetNextMessage returned [0x80004005] on line 779 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgStackSvr\AvSPlayMessageStack.cpp

Running conversation SubMenu on Port 2

Subscriber Display Name : Tim Burn

Subscriber Alias : BURN

Running conversation SubNewMsgStack on Port 2

5. PlayMessages(AV_STACK_EMAIL) returned [0x80004005] on line 369 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgStackSvr\AvSPlayMessageStack.cpp

6. DoMessageStack returned [0x80004005] on line 117 of file e:\views\cs_UE3.1.4.39\un_Conv1\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgStackSvr\AvSPlayMessageStack.cpp

HERE ARE TWO WARNINGS THAT I GET AS WELL:

1. Successfully re-opened the local eventlog - NOTE: Some events may have been missed.

2. Component Miu: Failed to load Text To Speech Component. The Text To Speech feature will be disabled.

Hope this helps

Bob

Well, the very last line of your last post tells you what you need to know... the MIU could not startup the TTS engine... all TTS features are disabled which is why the conversation is crabbing.

So, the next thing is to look at the startup sequence in the application event log. During startup Unity logs a series of Create, Init and Run events for all components, including the MIU. Somewhere in that sequence will be the MIU complaining about the TTS engine not starting up... there should be messages on either side of it that may give more details as to what, exactly, failed (i.e. the engine is not installed, the registry is set to load a voice that's not there etc...).

My problem is similar to this post:

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26mode%3Dnew%26location%3D.ee842bf/4

I am not using the TT3000 engine my key dump is displaying L&H Realspeak. Is it as simple as associating a speaker to this engine. If I look under HKey_Local\Software\Activevoice\TTS\1.0\Initialization\DefaultSpeaker, the value that I have is set to 'default'.

What do you think....

Could be it... try setting the default speader to "FEMALE" and restarting when you get a chance. If the RealSpeak engine didn't get installed at all, that's a larger issue... although if it's on your key at the time you did the install it should be on there.