cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Text to Speech

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

We have installed the usual Unity 2.4.5.66 w/ CCM 3.05a. We would like to implement text to speech. I created a new COS with this option and reassigned users. It didn't work. I ran a system config report which told me that I have the licenses and the ports. I did notice that it didn't list an available TTS engine. Is the engine in the REAL Speak subdirectory of Commserver? I saw the "ttsserver.exe" and some demos. I'm sure I'm missing something.<br><br>

2 Replies 2

Not applicable

When you say "it doesn't work" what do you mean? Does it not offer your email at all or does it offer the email but then not play the body and subject of the message as it should?

If it's the later, this is probably a known upgrade issue between TTS3000 and RealSpeak where the speaker name gets fouled up in the registry. If that's the case, search through the forum on this, I think I've posted a few notes on how to check/fix this issue.

If, on the other hand, it's not offering you email at all in the conversation, it's normally not configured properly on the server or the COS of the user you're calling in as.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Not applicable

thanks for getting back to me jeff. We are getting the message that "the e-mail cannot be read at this time
'. So it does tell us that we have new e-mails but it just keeps giving us the error msg. We have the right COS in place and the proper amount of licenses, as well as ports for TTS.