cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Text to Speech

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have the same problem as a previous post (jrlance 7/3/01) but the other post did not have a resolution listed. I recently upgraded my Licenses to include TTS ports, but now when a Unity user trys to listen to their emails, they get the message "Sorry this email can not be read at now" followed by "Sorry this system is unable to complete this call, goodbye". I checked the app event log and getting the following error:<br>The error message is:<br><br>[Thread 0x000008F4] [Port 2]: IAvResMgr::AddRequestBlocking() returned [80040301]. In file h:\CommSvr\Sources\AvConvSubscriber\AvConvSubMsgPlaySvr\AvSTTSSetup.cpp on line 858 <br><br>Is there a fix for this?<br><br><br><br>

5 Replies 5

Not applicable

Did you run a Unity upgrade after adding the feature to the key? The TTS libraries for TTS3000 or RealSpeak are not included on the hard drive by default unless the security key has one or the other enabled. If you're adding TTS or switching engines, you always need to run setup and do an upgrade.

If you're using Dialogic, be sure to select not to install/upgrade the Dialogic drivers, just upgrade Unity. If you've had another TTS engine installed from a previous version or something, I will sometimes have folks delete the registry tree for the old TTS engine just in case. This is HKLM\Software\ActiveVoice\TTS. If you toast that branch and then run the upgrade, you should be fine. If the system has never had TTS, you can just run the upgrade.

If you have run the upgrade and you're still having problems it could be the registry is still pointing at the old engine or the old voice for a different engine (i.e. you've installed RealSpeak but the registry is still configured for TTS3000... this has happened a few times). You can blow the TTS registry branch out and run the upgrade to fix that as well.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

I only upgraded the license key. I will run setup again and try that route. Thanks.

Not applicable

That was the fix. Thanks again!

Not applicable

One more question...Is there a way to increase the volume just on the TTS? The menu volume is fine but the TTS could be increase some.

Not applicable

No, the stream produced by the TTS engine is adjusted with the same playback volume that all greetings, voice name, message playback etc... are adjusted with. If you crank up the overall playback volume it'll probably make the other stuff too loud.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: