cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Text to speech

shouyisun
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to change Text to speech's voice from male to female?

7 Replies 7

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not for RealSpeak... FEMALE is the only supported voice... for the TTS3000 engine there are several voices to choose from ("Grandpa" being by far the best as far as I'm concerned).

How can I determine what kind of engine is running on the Unity?

I fiund it is L&H 3000 on keydump,now how can I change it to female? Thanks

Further information for you to answer my question, the language under TTS/1.0/Initialization/Default speaker are:

Default value none

ENG value Peter

ENU value Julia

ANd some other country's language. By the way the language I used under system/configuration/phone language/Text to speech is ENglish(United states).

Please tell me how to change it to female ASAP. Thanks.

You need to purchase the RealSpeak TTS engine. Contact your local Cisco account team or reseller and order it. I think the part number (for 3.1.5 at least) is UNITY-RS-UPG. It's going to cost some sizeable coinage though (at least relative to the amount of coinage I personally throw around for software).

adam

So RealSpeak doesn't support alternate voices right? Or that's what I'm hearing?

Hi Adam

I'm quite confused here, what Jeff suggested is only TTS3000 support different TTS voice. Did I misunderstand somewhere?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: