Helpful
Replies

TFTP on subscribers and Load Balancing

t.orn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

two questions...

1. How do I add TFTP server for the phones and is it possible to load balance between two TFTP servers

2. Is the TFTP service on the subscriber for load balancing purposes ? If not why is it running on the subscriber ?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tringwelski_2
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, this is a common task for a cluster, first you must add the option 150 to the DHCP server scope for the TFTP server, when you add this option, click the ARRAY check box, this enables you to enter several IP addresses.

Second you must configure the TFTP server in Call Manager, this is a service which is enabled during the install process.

Regards

Todd

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

tringwelski_2
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, this is a common task for a cluster, first you must add the option 150 to the DHCP server scope for the TFTP server, when you add this option, click the ARRAY check box, this enables you to enter several IP addresses.

Second you must configure the TFTP server in Call Manager, this is a service which is enabled during the install process.

Regards

Todd

Todd there came one more question after reading your reply. Do all the TFTP service need to be running on CallManager servers that are configure in a cluster or can I have a standalone server that is only running OS and TFTP service. If it is possible to run in on for example Windows 2000 with Cisco TFTP service how do I replicate all the files from the main TFTP server to the new one ?

Hi,

I am not able to enter multiple IP Addresses after selecting option 150.

It shows me only 1 box for IP Address.

Cheers

Vijay

Hi Vijay,

when you create option 150 you have to check the array box to be able to add more than one IP address.

For detailed step by step process take a look at the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00800942f4.shtml

Hope this helps,

Vidir

Hi,

this is a very good option!!!

I suppose that if we add two IPs then the first has priority, am I right?

Yanna

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: