Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Silver

TFTP timeouts

Hi,

When I add a new ip phone to the network it takes about an hour for it to upgrade the software ,I see just a blank screen . It looks like TFTP isn't working properly...Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Marina

10 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: TFTP timeouts

If you are running 3.1(3a) of callmanager and it is a fresh phone out of the box then you are probably running into CSCdw81294. Verify that the phone is running P003AM30 phone load. You can look up the bug on line. I will post in the work around for you.

Work Around:

Set the device default for 7960/7940 to P00303010102 or earlier first, then

upgrade from there to P00303010106 or later.

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

Silver

Thank you..I will try it tomorrow.I'm rnning 3.1(3a)but I have seen this problem first few days befor the upgrade ,it was 3.1(2c) then. I have also 6608 blade and i see it has a problem with TFTP timeout also..

Cisco Employee

We have only identified a problem with the P003AM30 phone load trying to download the 3.1(3a) default phone loads. Are you sure that the new phones the first couple of days were running the P003AM30 phone load on the phones that you were bringing up. This load is the load on phones that come from the manufacturing. You can either post the errors for your 6608 hear or you can start another post for that issue.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Silver

Michael,

I'm sure that first days the phones were running P003AM30 load with CCM 3.1(2c).We got about 100 new phones and first 20 of them were added in 3.1(2c).I looked again at 6608 errors and i dont see tftp timeout messages anymore, so the problem is only with phones.

Thank you..

Silver

Michael,

You were right again! I forgot we got a new phone load from TAC few weeks befor the upgrade !But when i set the device load to P00303010101 it still doesnt help...:( ( the phones do have P003AM30 load...)

Cisco Employee

So is it still does not help when you try the 101 load have can you try the 102 load? That is what we tested in the lab and it seemed to work okay.

Not sure why you are seeing this problem with 101 load?

Let me know what you see,

-Mckee

Silver

Michael,

I've tried 102 also but it didnt work...still the same blank screen .When a phone comes up i can see it registered within the callmanager and "TFTP timeout" status message .I have a TAC case open C438650 ,they requested to check lmhosts files and SQL subscripitions too.Everything is ok..Once the phone gets his load for the first time it works fine.

Thanks for your help..

Cisco Employee

I am not sure why it is failing when trying to go to 101 or 102. CSCdw81294 is mark in a resolved state. It is supposed to be resolved in 3.1(3a)spc. I have heard that should be out sometime this week. Not sure when though.

Hope this helps,

-Mckee

Silver

I've installed the patch but it still doesnt work :(

Cisco Employee

I suggest you continue to work with yourr TAC engineer I am not sure why you are still seeing this issue. Sorry I could not be of more help to you.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content