Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TFTP

Hi All;

I am using CME. I have VPN tunnel between Cisco CME and Linksys VPN router in the branch office. Cisco IP phone behind the Linksys needs to be register through VPN in CME. When I check network config on the IP Phone, it shows IP address for the Linksys VPN router as TFTP server, but it should have IP address of CME as TFTP server in order to be registered. Is there somebody knows how to assign TFTP IP address (CME) statically to 7970? Also is it possible CME forward TFTP IP address through VPN to IP Phone behind the Linksys VPN router?

thanks

4 REPLIES
Silver

Re: TFTP

Who is acting as the DHCP server? Is it the linksys router? You can change the TFTP settings in the DHCP server to point to CME.

Regards,

Anup

Linksys router is the DHCP server, But there is no option to define TFTP IP address in Linksys router. It points itself as TFTP server.

How should I solve this problem?

thank you very much

Bronze

You must define TFTP server IP address in DHCP option 150. If linksys DHCP server does not support option 150 you must use other DHCP server that will allow you to enter option 150. Or you can manually configure your phone with static IP including TFTP address.

link to configure static IP (this is for CCM 4.1 but applies to other versions as well)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00804b0be7.html

You can configure TFTP ip address manually on IP Phone, just disable DHCP, and you will see the edit button appear on the phone.

Or

Try doing a "ip helper-address" to get the DHCP service from HQ. Provided HQ DHCP Server are able to configure option 150.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content