Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

The AvDSAD service failed to modify object

I am not sure how to tackle this issue or even if it is affecting anything but would like to resolve it if I could. We are running Unity 4.0(1) and have been getting this error for some time This may be a permissions error, as suggested in the possible causes section, but not sure. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks

I am getting the following error:

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_DSAD

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 1047

Date: 1/22/2004

Time: 9:56:03 AM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

The AvDSAD service failed to modify object.

Type: AVOBJECTTYPE_LOCATION

Name: CN=default0e0d5cb5,CN=Users,DC=VoipVM,DC=com

Reason: ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED: Access is denied.

Domain Controller: Unity.VoipVM.com

Possible causes include: 1) Network connectivity to the Domain Controller. 2) Insufficient rights for the AvDSAD sevice account.

Ensure that the AvDSAD service can contact the Domain Controller and has sufficient rights to modify objects. If the problem persists, enable all the micro traces for the AvDSAD service in the Unity Diagnostic Tool. Report the problem to Cisco TAC and include the diagnostic log. For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: The AvDSAD service failed to modify object

Right off hand it sounds like the directory facing account (i.e. the guy associated with the AVDSAD service in the SCM) doesn't have rights to update objects in the locations folder (by default this is under the Unity\Locations folder).

I'd re run the permissions wizard and make sure the account you have setup for the directory facing account is properly selected there and let it apply rights. The PW will never remove rights anywhere so this should be a pretty safe operation.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content