cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The best way to blcok long distance call?

Leonlei
Level 1
Level 1

Which one is the best way to blocking long distance?

1. Create a 9.@ RP and add a RF with LONG-DISTANCE-DIRECT-DIAL EXISTS.

2. Create a 9.1xxxxxxxxxx RP and select "Block this pattern".

3. Create a 9.[2-9]xxxxxxxxxx RP and select "Route this pattern".

2 Replies 2

mcnerney
Level 4
Level 4

What I would recommend would be to block long distance calling with the use of Partitions and Calling Search Space. For example, build a few Partitions: InternalPT, LocalPT, LongDistPT, IntlPT. Then build some CSS's: InternalCSS, LocalCSS, LongDistCSS, IntlCSS. Then inside each CSS put the appropriate Partition. For example: In the LocalCSS you might have InternalPT and LocalPT. In the LongDistCSS you would include InternalPT, LocalPT and LongDistPT. Now build your route patterns and assign the appropriate Partition. For example: 9.[2-9]xxxxxx = LocalPT and 9.1[2-9]xx[2-9]xxxxxx = LongDistPT. Now on each phone you want to block long distance assign a CSS of say LocalCSS. If you want no one to call long distance then just don't define the 9.1 route pattern.

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

All of your options work.

I would suggest choosing the method that means the most to you and your support long term.

Option 1 provides you with lots of flexibility, but could quite easily be changed by accident and no longer works.

Option 2 Is a hardened option but you then need option 3 also to make other calls

Option 3 works on it's own, is pretty straight forward to understand and doesn't rely on anything else being configured.

So for me it would be option 3, however that's based on not knowing anything else about the config.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: