cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The TTS conversation does not read the subject line and body text of e-mail

cchsu
Level 1
Level 1

My UNity UM 3.1.1 does not play the subject or the body text of emails. I am not sure if what happened over the weekend might cause this or I have some configuration issues. The environment is: 2 Callmanager 3.13a in a cluster, one Unity 3.1.1 UM integrated with an existing Exchange server. We moved office from one location to other over the weekend. Callmanagers and Unity were moved and brought backup first. At first, I thought I could brought Unity up w/o Exchange based on a doc on CCO to modify by:

Make the following registry key changes:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\AvWm\1.00

Add a new DWORD key called All Servers Down and set its value to 1.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Doh\1.00

Edit the DWORD key called LogonDefault to set the value to 3 instead 7, which is the default.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\UMR\1.00

Add a new DWORD key called EmulateExDown and set its value to 1.

Then UNity was able to come up but I could not startup the Admin page. I reverted these setting back after we moved and brought up Exchange by:

To restore the original values, make the following changes:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\AvWm\1.00

Remove the DWORD key called All Servers Down.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Doh\1.00

Edit the DWORD key called LogonDefault to set the value to 7, which is the default.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\UMR\1.00

Remove the DWORD key called EmulateExDown.

However, Ever since then, subscribers can only hear total message count, time stamp, sender of each new /saved email messages. Please help!

Thanks!

Chris

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look for any errors/warnings in the application event log during Unity startup and around the time you try to play a TTS message... I'm guessing the TTS engine is not loading properly for one reason or another. If it was working pre move it should be working now - was the dongle switched/removed during this process by any chance?

Ahh, you were right about the dongle. I forgot to plug the dongle in during thes two reboots: one to change registry for booting w/o Exchange and the 2nd to revert it back to boot with Exchange. After the 2nd reboot I went to UNity Admin page and found out that I had -15 licenses for everything for a 50 user license with 30 some users in the system. I realized that I forgot about the dongle. I then plugged it in and reboot the server. The license page in Unity Admin did then show positive remaining license counts. Could this be the problems?

Thanks!

Chris

Yeah. The TTS engines are licensed from third party companies and we pay them per session (port) we sell so it's tied to the key settings - if there's no key there and you are using RealSpeak, for instance, the TTS engine wont even start at boot time so you wouldn't get TTS functionality at all.

So what do I need to do? should I re-run the license program again? The Unity is 50 user, 4 port version 3.1.1. How should I re-run the key code? Should I run it as if I were installing a new server? upgrade ? or upgrade from the demo to the full 50 user license? please help with as much details as possible.

Thanks!

I'm not sure I know what, exactly, happened here. Do you have the same dongle on there you did before? If so, then you shouldn't need to do anything at all. If not, which TTS engine was licensed on the original dongle vs. the one you have now? You can check this by using KeyDump in the unity program group, it'll show you which engine it is - either TTS 3000 or RealSpeak.

If the engine you have installed is not the one you have licensed (i.e. you've switched keys or you've gone from a keyless demo system to a keyed system) then you'll probably have to run a Unity upgrade to get the right engine installed and registered. It should be a matter of just running the upgrade of the same version you already have to install the proper TTS engine.

If you haven't changed the keys and you did nothing but move the boxes as per the original description you posted, none of this should be necessary - if TTS isn't working there's another issue at play. I'll need to see the event log errors I mentioned a couple posts ago.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: