cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Theory to Unity ports locking up

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Our environment:<br> - CM 3.1.1 with the SPa patch for the phone loads<br> - 16 port Unity 2.4.6.135 with TSP 3.0.2<br> - 1st 8 ports answer only (NO Dialout MWI, msg notification, MM record)<br><br>Issue:<br>As the number of users accessing the system at one time increases, port begin to "lockup." The only way to unlock the ports is to reboot the server. Event log shows the following type(S) of errors:<br><br>AvMiu_MC Error Error 530 N/A KCBELVM01 Component Miu: Thread 0x00000D64 had a Failure on Port 5 in AvWav<br><br>DESCRIPTION: <br>File: h:\commsvr\Sources\UnityAvWav\WAVOUT.C(594)<br>Method: WavOutOpen<br>Failure: Timed out trying to call waveOutOpen. <br>11/2/2001 3:39:49 PM AvMiu_MC Error Error 524 N/A KCBELVM01 "Component Miu: Thread 0x00000D6C had a Failure on Port 5 in Method CAvMiuWave::Play()<br><br>DESCRIPTION: AvWav WavPlay failed with 0xFFFFFFFF.<br>DETAILS: <br> FileName: C:\CommServer\Localize\Prompts\ENU\AvFailure\FailsafeENU.wav<br> HWAV: 0x08CB2034<br> Current Length: 6140<br> WavState: WAV_OPENED.<br><br>My theory is, could this be an NT file sharing issue? What if, while a user is listening to a greeting of some sort another user dials in trying to access the same WAV file; we get a "sharing" violation of some sort; WAV never releases cleanly; port becomes hung. As subsequent users access the WAV file, problem spreads across other ports.<br><br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

Heck, that's a lot of fun! If these error messages coincide with each-other, it's actually quite ironic: Unity had problems playing the "fail-safe" message. So I guess the first question is "why was the fail safe message attempted to play" and the second question is "why couldn't the fail-safe message be played".

I'd be hesitant to think that it is a file-sharing issue, or else we'd probably see this all the time (imagine how many times the opening greeting is accessed at the same time). From the error message I'd suspect that there is some sort of "stall" happening when trying to access the fail safe wav file.

Are there any other errors in the log? There should be something there indicating why Unity was trying to play fail-safe in the first place.

There's two problems here, and I'd suggest getting TAC invlovled.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems