Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Third Party fax integration

Hello<br>Can i use Zetafax with the Third Party fax integration from Unity? I have a customer with Zetafax who wants Unity.<br><br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Third Party fax integration

I’ve never heard of Zetafax, however Unity has a very flexible integration strategy for 3rd party fax that makes it possible to integrate with any fax server that meets these three requirements:

1. It must have an Exchange gateway… most do.
2. you have to be able to open an Outlook client and send a fax out using the address format “[FAX:Name@DeliveryNumber]”. For instance “FAX:Jeff Lindborg@9,12064414784]” will send a fax to me.
3. It’s Exchange gateway must use a unique message class for faxes it puts in folks' mailboxes.

That’s it… You can test this out yourself in just a few minutes on site… All that you need to do on the Unity side is add the message class noted in #3 there to a registry key on our box and you’re done. You can get faxes, trigger notifications on fax delivery, deliver faxes, fax email and all that good stuff over the phone.

If you need some help figuring out the message class they use, feel free to ask… there’s a couple posts earlier here that go over the details of that.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content