Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

This is want i want to do.

I want to configure a DN that when called will provide dial tone. In other words i want to set it up so if i am in florida and i call my call manager in california i can get dial tone from an DN there and place a call that will originate from california.

Is there a way to do this with call maanger and h.323?

I know i have seen this with traditional PBX's

4 REPLIES

Re: This is want i want to do.

You will need a voice gateway at the California site with an FXO port. You won't assign the FXO port a DN, but you will need to create a route pattern and assign the gateway to it.

ok i have a 3640 with an fxo port with a pots line plugged in. i created a route pattern and used the 3640 as the gateway but when i call in to the attendant and then dial those 4 digits how does call manager know to route the 4 digits to the fxo port for the dial tone if i only point it at the gateway?

Note of caution; you are creating a potential for toll fraud. If anyone else finds out about this number you could run up big $$$ in a very short period of time. I have seen DISA (the PBX app you described) numbers published and sold. Then you get an outlandish bill for thousands of calls overseas and long distance. A safer way (although not supported) might be to use Softphone over VPN if you have broadband access.

excellent point.

Views
Helpful
Replies