Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Ticket # B256383

Here is the problem,<br><br>Once I create a subscriber using SA I get a message indicating "Unrecognized error has occurred. Subscriber was not created...."<br><br>Unity can not create an account on NT it seems. However they have got a master domain environment<br><br>with a one way trust from account domain to resource domain.<br><br>Account domain:LASD<br><br>Resource domain:OAS-DSB<br><br>So oas-dsb is trusting LASD<br><br>Now all the user accounts including unity accounts reside on the LASD domain. They were imported to Unity.<br><br>The Unity admin account has no rights in LASD domain. Unity server is a member of oas-dsb domain. Exchange unity is a member of the same domain. Unity admin user has domain rights in oas-dsb domain and service account for exchange. It seems to me once you create a subscriber using SA unity tries to create that NT account on LASD domain. That is why the process fails.<br><br>Is there a place that I can tell Unity to create new subscribers in oas-dsb. I believe that is the way it should be by default since the unity server is a member of oas-dsb domain. I checked the account rights and stuff like that. I could not find anything to prevent Unity admin to create a user in its oas-dsb domain. As a matter of fact if you create one using User manger for domains you can import it to Unity later on. I am lost here. But this is what it is....<br><br><br><br>Sean Poure<br>NEC-Voice Engineering<br>Sr. Systems Engineer<br>714 4846275<br>

Sean Poure
2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Ticket # B256383

You're not going to be able to get this to fly... if they want a master/resource domain model they will need to create users in Exchange and then import them in via the SA or the bulk import utility. I'm actually kinda suprised a site that went through the trouble of setting that kind of security mess up would want to have us create NT and Exchange accounts automatically... normally those types of folks don't want us anywhere near that stuff.

We don't create the NT account. We ask Exchange to do it for us and the options for passing in detailed information about which domain to create the NT accounts on is limited to the domain in which the home Exchange server the user is targeted at is in. Not much we can do here...

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Re: Ticket # B256383

Here is what I found. If the Unity services using Admin master domain account Unity will create the NT accounts in the Master domain. If you use resource domain admin account for Unity services then It will create NT accounts in resource domain. The exchange services are using the master dmain account. This is just for your info...

Sean Poure
NEC-Voice Engineering
Sr. Systems Engineer
714 4846275

Sean Poure
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content