cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Tieline to Meridian 1 Option 81C

dneedham
Level 1
Level 1

We are currently trying to build a tieline between a Meridian 1 Option 81c and CallManager 4.2.3 with a 2811 MGCP gateway running 12.4.9T. If we build the PRI with NI2 ISDN switchtype we can get the PRI to establish bchannels. The PBX vendor is telling me that the Meridian will only support DID on an NI2 PRI. In order to have the full functionality we are looking for (IP Phone to PBX Phone, IP Phone to PSTN resources on the PBX) we need it programmed as TIE. We tried to change the PRI to 5ess, but while debugging q921 I see "bad frame" from the PBX when responding to SABME requests from my 2811. DMS100 establishes the b-channels, but an IP phone will ring once then hangup.

The Meridian is set as network and clock source. The 2811 is setup as external clock and user.

We need to resolve this quickly and the PBX vendor is blaming Cisco equipment. Any suggestions on changes that can be made on either side to get this to work? I have already checked the bug toolkit and do not see any software bugs on the IOS we are running that match what we are doing. What about rebuilding it as a QSIG trunk?

Thanks,

Don Needham

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Don,

We use a little different infrastructure on the Cisco side (PRI's on 6608 Blade)between CCM and Nortel 61c using DMS100 and they work great. Have you tried the following setting on the Callmanager;

Under - PRI Protocol Type Specific Information

MCDN Channel Number Extension Bit Set to Zero(checked)

I'm pretty sure this solved the ring once and hangup problem we discovered one night in the middle of an upgrade. Many people are also using QSIG successfully as well,but with another set of Voicemail related problems.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts....

Do you get caller ID name while using DMS100? This was the reason we were so intent on using NI2. Also do you know what version the Nortel is running. Ours is on Succession version 3. The PBX vendor has only been successful on versions prior to version 3. I have to get with the PBX vendor to give the DMS100 a try, but I'll try it asap.

Thanks,

Don

Hi Don,

We are running an old version of Meridian (25.40) so unfotunately not apples to apples. The Call display works perfectly with DMS100 and BTW we did try NI2 as our first integration as well (Cisco white paper). When we switched to DMS100 after much "head-banging" and many sanity checks, everything came together nicely.

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS . I remember a number of threads on this forum that have dealt with Succession bugs (Nortel patches),QSIG problems and initial set up snafu's when people were starting down this path. Don't forget to engage TAC as well if you already haven't, there is a wealth of knowledge within Cisco on this subject.Let us know how you make out.

jwkimmel
Level 1
Level 1

This may be a little late but we have a similar setup. We have 2 PRI's running between our 2851 and our 81c. In order to get everything we wanted, we had to setup both T1's as Q.SIG. This helped for most situations but I had to hard code the IE number type and Numbering plan under Outbound calls on the T1 setup in call manager. We set both Calling and Called to Subscriber and Private. With this setup we get MWI and caller id both directions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: