Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

TIME & NOW functions

hi there

hope someone will be able to help with what I think is a fairly simple problem. I am using the above functions within scripts and need the value returned to be in the form HH:MM:SS as help states this can be done - how do I do this?

3 REPLIES

Re: TIME & NOW functions

Mark, there is a long and a short answer to your question. The long involves how time is expressed by the computer systems we use. The short is that if you are trying to test for a particular Date/Time it is fairly simple. Your expression for Time could look like time()

Hope I didn't confuse you too much.

hi thanks for getting back so quickly. I tried to email direct but could not find the address. What i am trying to acheive is the total time a call is held within our IVR. I thought that i could assign a call peripheral variable to the TIME(NOW)) before entering the IVR and another call peripheral to TIME(NOW)) after the IVR. Subtracing the 2 would give me the time in the IVR. Trouble is a decimal value is returned and not in the form HH:MM:SS - any ideas?

This will take the long explanation. I will put one together and send it out later today. In the meantime the decimal value will do what you are looking for. I think things will be clearer following my next email.

My direct email is jerry_coffman@dell.com is you have any other questions.

Until later.

Views
Helpful
Replies