Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time of day call routing in Unity 4.0?

I'm not sure whetther I want to do this in Unity or not, but I may have no choice.

I need to direct calls to a specific number between the hours of 5:00 AM and 8:00 AM, and if not answered accept a message. Between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM direclty to a different number, and into voicemail if no answer, and after 6:00 PM straight into voicemail.

The last two are easy enough to do.

I've tried adding a call handler that the number can forward all calls to between the hours of 6:00 PM and 8:00 AM, with a custome schedule to decide whether to forward the call to the second monitored phone. I've also tried the same thing with a bogus subscriber. Using a call handler I get an error about the system not being able to process the call. Using a subscriber the call is forwarded, but blindly.

Is it possible to do this without any additional hardware/software?

7 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Time of day call routing in Unity 4.0?

Sure, you can do this fairly easily in Unity - you'll want to check out the "Audio Text Applications in Unity" doc on the Documents page of www.CiscoUnityTools.com - it goes into some detail about how to setup almost this exact scenario using blank greetings and stringing a couple of call handlers together.

Thanks. The document confirms I was on the right track and in fact may have been setup correctly during my testing.

Following the instructions in the document results in a "The system is temporarily unable to complete your call". The NT event logs has this error:

Transferred to FailSafe conversation while running conversation AttemptForward on Port 13. See the following file for the contents of the Named Properties : d:\CommServer\logs\NPDump_20030203_141356.txt

Port 13 is the first port of our Call Manager integration. Is there somewhere to define transfer restrictions on Call Handlers? I can dial into the opening greeting and manually transfer to an extension, but if I program the Call Handler to do the same, I get the above error.

Cisco Employee

I'm betting you yanked the example administrator account out along the line, right? I'm guessing the owner and or recipient for the call handlers you're creating is bogus - check the owner on the profile page and the recipient on the messages page of one of these call handlers and make sure _both_ are set to a valid, active subscriber or public distribution list.

You can also run dbWalker to see if it barks about any issues like this.

No, there's no legitimate configuration mechanism you could do that would send calls to the failsafe like this - I'm nearly certain it's the owner or recipient (or both) being fouled up on the call handler or something similiar - could be pulling form a fouled up template.

I found part of this by poking at it non-stop. I did not have an owner specified. Setting it to default administrator gets me into the greetings. Call transfer options see to be ignored no matter what they are set to.

I'll run dbWalker and re-examine the subscriber settings.

Cisco Employee

Remember that if the call comes into Unity forwarded from a number it will always skip the transfer rules and go right to the greeing rules to prevent "loops" (I go over some of this in that doc) - if you're forwarding in then it's likely this behavior you're seeing. You may need to put a "dummy" handler up front with it's alternate greeting set to active and have the greeting set to blank and have it's after greeting set to "attempt transfer for" the first call handler in your chain... this allows the "forwarded" flag to be cleared by the first handler...

Bingo. That's the last major hurdle. I had the phone set to forward all calls in our Call Manager, and if I dial into the opening greeting and transfer to the handler it works like I thought it should.

Just a little more tweaking to go then.

By the way dbWalker is grumbling that my subscribers and handlers have bad switch identifiers. Calls through the Call Manager are accepted by Unity, and transfers seem to work. So while the integration seems to work, I'd still like to clear the error. I've used SA to move subscribers from one switch to the other, but the grumbling persists.

Thanks-

Cisco Employee

the switch ID stuff is just warnings I assume... that's ok. In fact in the latest version of dbWalker I don't show warnings by default (there are now three levels of output: everything, just errors and just errors and warnings - just errors being the default).

If the switch ID field is empty then it'll default to switch 0 which in most cases is just fine - I note the warning since technically the default database should have explicit values here to avoid confusion when going to/from dual switch and single switch installs.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content