cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time Of Day Routing

d-roush
Level 1
Level 1

I need to route incoming calls to our branch office to a Headquarters Extension before 9 and after 5 each day between Monday and Friday. Here is what I have so far, but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Time Periods:

OfficeHours-TP 0900-1700

AfterHoursMorning-TP 0800-0900

AfterHoursEvening-TP 1700-1800

Time Schedules:

OfficeHours-TS

OfficeHours-TP

AfterHours-TS

AfterHoursMorning-TP

AfterHoursEvening-TP

Partitions:

OfficeHours-PT

OfficeHours-TS

AfterHours-PT

AfterHours-TS

I know I need to add these partitions to a calling search space, but I am not sure how to get it to forward to the extension. I tried following the steps in a previous posting in the forums titled "How to forward incoming calls at determinate hours", but get lost with the CTI and Translation Patterns since I am only routing to an extension. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

This is going to depend where you are routing the calls from. If it's from the PSTN connection at the Branch then you need to have it's inbound CSS access these Time of Day routing partitions first over the internal phone partition. If this is needed by both internal and PSTN then you need to do this same thing for all CSSs that would be calling this Time routing.

From there you just make a translation pattern for your number, one for each partition that exists. On the Open pattern put in the Called Number Translation to be the DN you want the call to go to. Important to make sure the CSS you select in the pattern can get to that DN and it doesn't have the Time of Day partitions, you don't want it looping. Repeat for the remainder patterns with the idea of the afterhours using a different Called Number Translation.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Fred

Thanks for responding. I only want to route incoming calls from the pstn during these hours. I will look at your suggestion and give it a shot. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: