cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Time on IP phone

yanhui-wang
Level 1
Level 1

Time show up on IP phones is one hour behind operating system time. sounds to me that callmanager(ip phones) doesn't take summer time.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check your Date/Time Group configuration on CallManager under System. Make sure you have correct date/time group defined and applied to phone's Device Pool.

Chris

I double checked, there is no problem with date/time group config. Since today is no longer summer time, the time on ip phones are correct. But I think it will be a problem since next summer time begins.

Make sure that "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" is checked Under Date/Time Properties -> Time Zone on your CallManagers. Double click the clock in the system tray to get to this setting.

Brandon

gene
Level 1
Level 1

Keep in mind the phones clock off the server they are registered to. If you are looking at the time on the publisher, perhaps the phones are regestired to a subscriber and a time setting is messed up on it.

Thanks!!

scro
Level 1
Level 1

We had a similar problem last week. Our 7970 phones changed back one hour a week early, but the 7960s were ok. I implemented the latest 7970 load and this resolved it.

Both phone models register to the same server!

Stevie

bhattacharya.s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have seen a lot of issues like this in 7970 phones. There was a bug filed for this and the latest phoneload for 7970 solves this. But, in those days when we didnt have this phoneload, we used to create a date/time group and put it in a time zone which was in the time that my phone was displaying - like, say my phone is 5 hours behind the correct time. So, I will create a date/time group which is 5 hours ahead of my correct time zone, and then assign this date/time group to the device pool where the phones are having the time issue.

I think you can also do this and this will really work. Let me know incase of any issues.

Just wanted to add - this will work for any model of Cisco IP phone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: