cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

timeout value

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I rebooted my Exchange server and Unity took too long to reconnect, so I eventually bounced my Unity Server - which re-enabled the connection. How can I modify the Unity retry timeout value to enable me to reconnect, rather than reboot?<br><br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

So the Exchange server on our Unity box took too long to come up and Unity timed out starting? Or am I missing the scenario here? I've seen something similiar at a site running Compaqs (some sort of strange delay in loading their NIC drivers causing time outs of several minutes which exceeded the Unity services timeouts). Our services are set to automatically start and we have to put some sort of maximum time we'll wait for that to happen before giving up (required to be Back Office Compliant and it's generally a good thing to do).

If you're running win2K you can simply configure our AV services to retry after failing to start up 2 or 3 times and that should solve the problem.

If you're on NT 4.0, you don't have that option. I do have a little tool called "Delay Unity Startup" on the tools section of my web page (below) that can help you out by causing Unity to wait for a defined period of time before we try to start. If this is the problem you're having and you don't want to run Win2K, this should help solve your poblem.

If I misread your issue, let me know.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Cisco Systems
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg