Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Timer for Phone Ringing

Customer of mine is wondering if he can change the timing of the playing of the phone rining to more closely emulate the ring interval on a standard TDM phone. In my lab when I listen to the rining on a phone connected to the PBX that is calling an IP Phone, the initial rings are together, but subsiquent rings on the IP phone are delayed. Is there a system timer that controls this?

3 Replies 3

fmeetz
Level 4
Level 4

I do not think you can control the ring timer.

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

You can changr that timer it is based on seconds no rings. I think default is 11 sec we set ours to 14. On your subscriber under Service Parameters Config>Callmanager>Forward No Answer Timeout the default is 12. Please only change by 1 sec and test. Keep in mind that the ringer they choose may also give the illusion that it is not ringing long enough from the users stand point. If you need additional help ping me by email or call TAC.

There is the ForwardNoAnswer timer that will controll that part of it. My customer was more concerned that if calling from the outside, they are hearing 3 rings while the Cisco IP Phone only rings 2 time. The timing of the rings seems to be somewhere in the OS on the phone itself. Does not seem to be anything that can be changed via the Call Manager, unless someone wants to modify the IP Phone Load to correct the timers on the phone.

But thanks for the suggestion.