Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

TimeSync: XNTP vs. Windows Time?

It seems CM 3.x uses a utility cisco calls XNTP to sync time between call managers - but is there a way to get the published call manager to synch with an external time source - I notice the MCS install does not activate Windows TIme so I'm not inclined to activate it thinkning it could interfere with the XNTP time - but it would be nice to know how to get the source XNTP server synched without manually changing the time every week when it drifts...

Thanks!

- Ken

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: TimeSync: XNTP vs. Windows Time?

I could be wrong but I thought that windows time service only worked when the w2k server was in a domain. I think you can point xntp to anytime server. You can find doc on the web about and see what you find.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Re: TimeSync: XNTP vs. Windows Time?

Yeah - it does unless you modify the sntp variable with the "net time /setsntp: " command - but at any rate since cisco included the xntp util i figured that'd be the most supported way to go - I just didn't know how to get them ti sync to an external time source - is the xntp doc on cisco's site - or is that a 3rd party app?

Thanks!

- Ken

Views
Helpful
Replies