Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

To configure a QoS for the attached topolgy

Dear friends,

I have to configure QoS for the attached topology with the following requirements, can any one please help me to do the same.

The minimum requirements are that 4 simultaneous VoIP calls need to be supported across the backbone, as well as a dedicated 10MBs of http traffic. Of the remainder of the bandwidth ftp traffic should be given a high priority. Make sure routing protocols are given a suitable priority level.

Thanks and expecting replies

8 REPLIES

Re: To configure a QoS for the attached topolgy

Three things I want to point out...

1) You cannot dedicate 10 MBs for HTTP on a 1.54 Mbs link.

2) You have not described where the call control (IP PBX) is located.

3) There is a line between asking for help and asking for someone to do your job. This is a line that you appear to have crossed. I recommend you come up with a sample config of what you think it should look like and post it here for comment and advice.

First I would like to thank for the reply message.

Really I didn't mean to do my job, I haven't got any idea how to configure this topology, its my university assignment work. so if possible please guide me to finish this topology.

Thanks

Cisco Employee

you can start by reading QoS guides

Quality of Service (QoS)

White Papers

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6558/prod_white_papers_list.html

If this is a University assignment then i must assume this is something you need to learn, so there is no good in having someone hand out a config based on what YOU were asked to do.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Here are some questions that you'll need to answer, to get started.

What does the HTTP requirement mean? It is not possible to get 10 Megabytes per second on a 1.544 Megabit per second line.

What voice codec will be used on the IP Phones? This will determine how much bandwidth you need to allocate.

Next, read the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/configuration/guide/12_4t/qos_12_4t_book.html

It's all in there. Unfortunately, it's a big topic, so there is a lot there.

Thanks and I've to ask my supervisor why about your questions and I'll let you know.

Thanks

The Http traffic was a typo, so no need of it and we can fix the call manager where ever we need. This is what i got from supervisor.

It will be helpful if you guide me thanks

Considering this is your assignment, I believe it's up to you to read through the documentation that has already been linked and put together a solution for yourself. The people here will typically be happy to review whatever you put together, or help if you get stuck on a particular topic or question.

Thanks and I'll let you know if I got struggling in any particular topic

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content