Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

** to Hang Up

Good Morning,

When you press *, it takes you back 1 step. If you press ** while you are listening to a message, it takes you back to the opening greeting and then if you press ** again, you are disconnected (go to Hang Up).

My customer wants to change the ** to go directly to hang up.

Where can I can that parameter??

My Unity is 3.1(5).

Many Thanks,

Luba M

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: ** to Hang Up

You can't adjust that parameter - what's going on there is from any point in the conversation * either terminates what you're doing (i.e. recording) or pops you up one level. The "top" level ends up being the subscriber sign in conversation since by default * from the subscriber's exit point is the opening greeting and * from the opening greeting is sign in and * from the sign in conversation is hang up.

In 4.0(1) and later you can custom define the exit destination for each subscriber (i.e. determine what we do when you hit * from the top level menu in the subscriber conversation). You could set this to be hangup if you like which would do what they want here.

In 3.x, however, this is not definable - it's hard coded to go to the opening greeting call handler created by setup.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content