cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

toll bypass or least cost routing

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone have any suggestions on the easiest way to implement a multi site deployment with Centralized Call Manager call processing for Toll Bypass or Least Cost Routing with Locations that have 7 digit dial with overlapping area codes when. So phone numbers in certain area codes are long distance and some are not. So I would have to get more granular by using office codes to make the decision on what gateway the calls should go out.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Not sure about using a gatekeeper that way. That kinda conflicts with the MGCP gateway theory. Pls rate my post if you found it helpful. THanks!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mmorris11
Level 4
Level 4

Are your gateways MGCP or H.323? This can affect your strategy. Also I favor custom digit patterns versus using route filters. You are correct about the way call routing would have to be performed. So if 444-555-6666 were a long distance call via gateway A but local for gateway B you could build a route pattern such as: 91555.5556666 with predot digit discard using the route list to gateway B assuming that seven digits must be presented to the CO by gateway B. Also, if you are using PRI on gateway B you will want to give considerable thought as to how the calling # will be presented to the CO from gateway B. This is where the MGCP vs. H323 thing comes in. If you are using PRI and have MGCP you can perform calling party tansformations on the route pattern, but with H323 this config is disregarded and you will have to do the translation in the router which has serious scalability issues.

Pls rate if helpful!

That all makes sense, I traditionally setup MGCP Gateways and I see your point about the called # presentation. I think I will just set every phone in my organization with some sort of external phone number mask on the line setting so if they dial out local FXO it would not matter and if they dialed out some remote gateway via PRI it would present the mask on the phone.

That is a large number of route patterns that would be created when you start thinking about all the local office codes for a particular area code.

I guess there is now way to do this via gatekeeper?

Not sure about using a gatekeeper that way. That kinda conflicts with the MGCP gateway theory. Pls rate my post if you found it helpful. THanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: