Views
Helpful
Replies

Toll Fraud

rarenas
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Today I received a bill from one of those 1010XXX long distance companies with some international calls that apparently were made from within the office. I block all 1010, 900, 976, etc.. All my long distance calls have to be made by dialing 9, long distance code, number, and then AT&T asks for an authorization code. All my call search spaces block any combination of 1010xxx numbers, I even block the 00 or 0 for the outside operator. I have CCM 3.1.3a and a Voice Gateway (2651) with two ATT local service PRI. My Voicemail ports only allow people to get notifications on local phone numbers. Any idea how can someone get into the system and dial those 1010 numbers?

Thanks,

Rick

2 Replies 2

n.thornton
Level 1
Level 1

Did you use the "@" route filter and parameters to block those 1010XXX numbers, or a pattern of 1010XXX and explicitly block them? The @ pattern can match many things. You might want to use a @ pattern with TRANSIT-NETWORK-ESCAPE EXISTS defined in the filter and block that. Such as 9.@ TRANSIT-NETWORK-ESCAPE EXISTS and block this route.

However, if you have a 91010XXX pattern defined, it should match the best and deny access if you have it set up. Have you actually tried to make a 10-10 call to ensure the route patterns and filters work the way you want?

Neill

I do block 10-10 calls using the 9.@ TRANSIT-NETWORK-ESCAPE EXISTS. I have tried any way possible to make 10-10 calls and I cannot. I'm starting to think that it might be an error on the LD Co billing department. I will have to fight it with them.

Thanks,