cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Toll Free (only) fast busy from some lines - not all

darren.staples
Level 1
Level 1

have a weird problem that existed on a CCM 3.1.3a system and still exists on 3.3.3sr4.

dialing toll-free numbers is an issue for some lines

for example:

dial 1-800-go-cisco (or any other toll free 800, 888, etc) from the first line and works, dial from the third line and not work (busy).

All are using the same partitions/CSS

created a new phone (new DN & phone fresh out of the box) and it fails from the main (first - DID) number and any other DN (whether shared or not).

can dial any other number from local to international from any line and connects.

local dialing pattern is using same partition as Toll free dialing patterns..

we had one set that couldn't dial toll-free from any line, replaced set and works now. Replaced another and first 3 lines work, but last 3 don't. (on 3.1.3a callmanager)

I don't have very much hair left, so if anyone can enlighten me, I'd appreciate it.

thanks in advance

3 Replies 3

rcfoltz
Level 5
Level 5

It can only be one of a few issues. First, i would VERIFY the calling search space is the same, make sure they can hit the same route pattern. Second, make sure the external phone number mask is set correctly on all lines. I'm assuming this is a PRI circuit, but may not be.

Thanks.

ran Q931 translator and found the issue you are referring to, once we put full 10-digit mask and seems to work fine now.

Is there a reason that Toll free calls need this and others like LD and Int'l don't ???

thanks

I Dunno, probably the provider your telco is using, might require a true ISDN stylen calling number type (10 Digit) I havn't seen this problem on Toll Free as much as with Long Distance, has to do with billing, which obviously isnt the issue with yours becuase you are dialing toll free.

Please feel free to rate my post if it helps :)

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: