Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Tool to Document Cisco VoIP

Hello,

I have taken over a new Cisco VoIP solution. Fairly simple and straight forward config:

Two 7815s as CM (Pub and Sub)

One 7815 as Unity

One 3825 with two PRIs for PSTN.

OK, my question:

Is there any tool (preferably free) that could be used to spit out the config (i.e. route patterns, gateways, partitions, CSSes, etc. etc.).

I know that the route plan report is there, but that's only part of the story.

Can anyone suggest a complete tool that will document the environment so I don't have to go screen by screen looking for things?

Thanks,

Dave

4 REPLIES

Re: Tool to Document Cisco VoIP

Check out www.cmreports.com. We purchased the CallManager and Unity templates and it's well worth it. It saved me one time when I deleted the wrong thing, I looked back at my previous documentation and I was able to recreate what I deleted.

I highly suggest you get the templates and purchase Crystal Reports from a software vendor.

Hey stu i think there is something wrong wid this site i m nt able to access it ....

I think its a great product except for one reason as below:

Note the steps to create a report-

Steps to create a CMReport:

1) After your purchase is processed, you will be able to download a zip file containing the export mediary database and instructions on how you export data from CallManager.

2) Once you export your data, the mediary database is emailed to reports@cmreports.com

3) Once we receive the mediary database, our CMReports report server compiles the configuration database and creates the PDF file of your CallManager configuration.

4) The PDF configuration report is emailed back to you.

Would you like more information about the reporting process? Feel free to send us an email!

This is a security breach. For each customer I have, if I have to send the database from callmanager to CMReports.com, I am sending my customer;s entire dial plan, phone numbers, user names, etc to a third party. I dont think thats a very good idea.

Sankar.

There's a 'template' option which you purchase to own. What that means is you purchase the reports in a Crystal Reports template format. I too was concerned about sending my database information in to have it processed.

What I like about owning the templates is I get to run the reports on a weekly basis, whereas if you purchase the other option of sending in your database, you either have to purchase a single or 5 pack.

Just remember, you have to purchase Crystal Reports separately. I've never used Crystal Reports, but the instructions that came with CMReports were very clear and easy to use.

The more you use it, it will pay itself off over time.

Views
Helpful
Replies